Last night's dream started in a large supermarket. I'm fairly certain it was meant to be Tesco as it was primarily white with dashes of blue. I remember I was looking for someone - my finace, I think. Then I was approached by my father and it all became clear. I had to steal something from the staff lockers that were at the back of the store.
The lockers were red, perfectly matching the red lockers I used in my 3rd year of secondary school. I had my bunch of keys (which I normally have in the waking the world for my house) and one of them seemed to fit the type of lock used in the staff lockers. Most didn't open, and I started to panic as I realised the CCTV in the room would alert security staff. Just as I heard footsteps of some security staff, my key worked in two lockers and I was able to remove the contents (2 padded envelopes, 1 in each locker).
We headed out to the car park. It was dark, but my car was waiting for us. My father and I jumped in and I drove us off. We headed down some dark, narrow country lanes and although I didn't recognise where I was, I seemed to know where I was going.
Eventually we stopped at a pre-arranged meeting point where we were clearly meant to meet my brother. But he wasn't there. I phoned him and he said he was late, but on his way. While we were waiting we decided to open one of the packages. There were lots of papers in there, but I can't remember the significance of them. Very quickly my brother arrived on the scene and we were working to head back home.
My old work colleague, Michael, asked if he could still have a lift home. Apparently he had been there all along and I'd just never noticed. I said yes to save the embarrassment of not having noticed him, but really I just wanted to head off with my ill-gotten gains.
Since I didn't know where Michael lived, I decided to use my SatNav. Big mistake! Not only did I not have all the equipment to hand (screen mount, charger, aerial), none of it was in the places I was expecting it to be. Bear in mind I was still supposed to be outdoors, I (rather unusually) ransacked my desk and drawers for the missing pieces. Frustrated and angry that I just couldn't find the pieces, I kicked drawers in and tore cupboards out, desperate to find the missing parts. Eventually I found them and was able to begin my journey with Michael.
Here things get a bit fuzzy, but it seems Michael found himself being held hostage on the roof of my parents' house by an unknown assailant who clearly wanted the documents I had previously stolen. Standing in the garden, refusing to back down, I opened the other package. Doing so triggered the revelation of a number of riches apparently hidden at the bottom of the garden (it was now daylight). Rising up from the ground were solid gold coins (of unknown denomination) - hundreds, possibly thousands. I was rich!
Around my feet, a number of electronic devices (PDA's, SatNav's, Smartphones, etc...) began to appear. I greedily grabbed as many as I could, but had to put a few down as I was carrying too many. I only left the older models and kept the newer, more powerful models.
Michael was forgotten, my brother and father had long since disappeared, and then I woke up...
Monday, 16 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment